Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Puppies Poop Black

Autumn is approaching

It is late September and autumn is in the wings. Somehow I feel for some time that the joy of cycling is easing. Even the shift from lying on the road and the tours and RTF's fire along with a friend, not really. A highlight of the season is waning because of the beautiful landscape today by the RTF Fläming in Wittenberg was, unfortunately, does not the weather, because from this direction, approaching a large rain area.
What the hell, at last an opportunity for tours of area's, with the mountain bike I can go where the narrow tires have been set because of my urge to discover limits. As a target I can think of Germany's largest pyramid in Feldstein Garzau where I have always driven past because of bad roads. So I tinker me with the freshly downloaded Open MTB Map a track (the actual distance covered in bikemap: CLICK ) together for my GPS, me off the retracted streets to Buckow and at the Pyramid by home again out.

Stienitzsee
the afternoon it is raining and join us, so I start at 8 clock. The first short break, I'm near Strausberg on Stienitzsee, it is hazy and overcast the sky. There

Wachtelberg tower in Hennickendorf
Another brief photo stop there on the Quail Mountain, unfortunately, the tower is closed, which with the weather is not so tragic.

windmills near Zinndorf
now leads me to the track in a rather desolate dirt roads through the gray landscape, where you can talk about it here at all. This part of the tour I have therefore placed at the beginning.

The wet grass and the sand of the roads and share chain and sprockets on my Cube to
I reach the Red Luch , a haunted-looking landscape with dead trees and wide meadows in Stobbertal.
In the Red Luch
kiosk at Schermützelsee Buckow
This year I'm already often by bicycle to Buckow down, as exhausting as it was across country today than ever before. Therefore I make an extensive rest on Schermützelsee

and let me coffee and the kiosk owner-baked apple pie with apples from the own garden taste: o)
Now comes the return trip. Before I even equipped the former FDGB holiday home from the lake to visit.

former FDGB holiday home at the Schermützelsee Buckow
going on a hiking trail up and down to the See around until I turn towards home and get to Hasenholz. A small chapel stands on the village green.

Feldstein pyramid Garzau
I finally reach the destination of the day, the pyramid in Garzau. Incredible that this stately building was not so long ago only a heap of stones.

on climbing the observation pavilion I do without, finally, I would indeed have a reason to come back, today is also not a great distance vision to be expected.

In Annatal in Strausberg
also offers the Annatal in Strausberg romantic quiet spot, which I usually noticed on the road bike a few hundred yards away on the busy main street of course not.
Just before the tour ends, it starts pouring rain and my Cube and I are soaked properly and almost clean again ;-))
After 88 km and an average speed of 20km / h I'm quite made it to home, but this round has sometimes really been fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment